Friday, July 1, 2011

~~Finally able to share my teddies on parade preview bear!~~


It seems like forever but it is finally time for the teddy bears on parade online show preview!This is what I came up with for a parade theme(I had stated in my last post it was a complicating piece!)a vintage style circus parade teddy clown with his little friends sitting atop their very own wagon.Everything shown has been entirely handmade from the  circus wagon(a cardboard candlebox)painted with vintage style tags,hardboard disks(used for jointing bears)for the wagon wheels,the little preforming elly from a vintage style tag glued to a pedestal and a tiny handsculpted girraffe for teddy to hold for the parade.The little balloons are made from rubber grapes that I colored with artists markers to look like real balloons.The teddy is a mini measuring a tad over 5 inches and is fully jointed.His outfit and hat are also hand made.This piece took almost a month to complete but I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out!I hope to have 10 bears available for adoption at the  Bears on Parade online show running between July l5-17 all under the mini bear category.The online preview is now open for the public with a new  twist~~~~voting for your favorite bears both in mini and regular size categories so be sure to pop over there and peek at the WONDERFULvariety of  bears and don't forget to vote for your favorites~~~Just click on the bears on parade logo on the right to visit the preview!~~~Sharie

2 comments:

  1. You did an amazing, superb, extra-ordinary job on that beautiful and very fun bear!
    Good luck with the bears on parade show!
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute... love it!
    I've voted for you Sharie :)

    ReplyDelete

 I am having an early New Year update in my Etsy shop:) I have some antique style bears, a unique black and red primitive panda and some cut...